Love! Love! Love! These Easter Bunny Cupcakes are officially the cutest thing we have ever made. Well, okay top three. I think our Little Fishy Cupcakes edge the bunnies out for top spot. Be that as it may, they are definitely high on the cuteness scale and super easy to make.
Next, make up a batch of our Best Buttercream Frosting. Easy to make and it is definitely the most delicious buttercream frosting we have ever tasted. You find the recipe and detailed instructions on how to make it here.
These Easy Bunny Cupcakes are made with marshmallow and sprinkle ears! So easy to do! All you need are cupcakes (any flavor), white frosting (I love cream cheese frosting on top of these lemon cupcakes), large marshmallows, some scissors and pink sprinkles! These are perfect for easter and even great for a kid’s cupcake decorating party 🙂
I love when I look down and my entire work space matches and coordinates 🙂 Even days after making these, my house still smells like lemons, I love it! It is be summer already?
Using a Wilton 2D frosting tip and a decorating bag, pipe on swirl on three full circles of buttercream frosting on top of the cupcake.
For the Cake:
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour 105g
- 1 cup sugar 200g
- 1/4 tsp baking soda 1g, heaping
- 1 tsp baking powder 4g
- 3/4 cup salted butter 170g, room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsps vanilla extract 15mL
- 1/2 cup sour cream 115g
- 1/2 cup milk 118mL
- 1/3-1/2 cup sprinkles
For the Buttercream
- 1 pound unsalted butter 453g, room temperature
- 8 cups confectioners’ sugar 880g
- 1/2 cup cream 118mL
For the decoration
- 1 tbsp fondant
- 1/2 cup pink sanding sugar 198g
- 12 marshmallows
- 24 chocolate chipps small
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut 200g, approximately
For the Cake:
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until just combined. Fold in the sprinkles at the very end and mix at little as possible.
- Divide the mixture into cupcake papers
- Bake at 340 for about 20 minutes or until the centers are springy to the touch. Baking time depends on the size of your cupcakes
For the buttercream
- Beat the butter until light and fluffy, add the sugar a cup at a time and beat well. Mix in cream until desired consistency is reached.
- Ice the cupcakes.
- Cover in coconut
- Cut marshmallows in half diagonally. Dip cut sides in the sanding sugar.
- Roll fondant into small balls. Wet and roll in sanding sugar.
- Place ears, noses and eyes on the cupcakes and serve!