A Delicious Biscuit Egg Casserole Recipe Filled With Biscuits, Cheese, Eggs And Sausage, And Takes Only Minutes To Throw Together! This Breakfast Egg Casserole Is A Family Favorite For Weekends And Holidays!
The definition of comfort food: sausage, egg, & cheese biscuit casserole. Like your favorite breakfast sandwich but all baked IN ONE DISH…!
This is the breakfast that keeps on giving because we’ve been eating the leftovers for dinner every single night. We’re baking it again for Christmas morning and I’m showing you exactly how to make it in today’s blog post. Bonus: you can prep it the night before!
SAUSAGE EGG CASSEROLE
We have become slightly obsessed with breakfast casseroles at our home. We’ve always been huge fans of breakfast foods and often have them for dinner, which means we enjoy them ALL THE TIME. They now have become as classic as Biscuits and Gravy and Buttermilk Pancakes in our home!!
What I like most about breakfast casseroles is they are delicious, usually take minutes to put together, and are easy to change up with different meats (ham, sausage, bacon) and cheeses, like today’s recipe for a Biscuit Egg Casserole.
This easy breakfast casserole has been one we’ve made a few Saturdays this summer. My husband LOVES biscuits so I knew he’d like this breakfast casserole with biscuits. We love the sausage with it best but it would be great with ham chunks or bacon too. If you are like us, and enjoy a great breakfast casserole, then you should definitely give this a try.
Let’s Make Biscuit Breakfast Casserole
There are 3 layers:
- add-ins go on the bottom
- eggs + milk go in the middle
- biscuits go on top
- This biscuit breakfast casserole is a total low-key breakfast where you can mix and match your favorite add-ins. I use feta cheese, red bell pepper (festive!), parsley, and sausage. Pre-cook the sausage or switch it up with crumbled cooked bacon. Ham would be fantastic, too! For the cheese, use your favorite. We loved feta in this dish, but shredded pepper jack, smoked gouda, or cheddar cheese would be AWESOME.
- 16 oz container of biscuits
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar/jack mix
- 2 cups cut up breakfast sausage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Open up a package of biscuits and cut each into 6 pieces.
- Spread cut biscuits in the bottom of the greased casserole dish.
- Cook breakfast sausage according to package directions. Cut into bite sized pieces and spread over top of biscuits.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of shredded cheese over the sausage.
- Beat 6 eggs with milk and pour over the biscuits and sausage.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and add a shake of salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until the eggs are set.