I’ve made a lot of chocolate cookies in my day, but I don’t think you can ever have enough chocolate. So today I’m sharing the easiest recipe ever – chocolate cake mix cookies. They turn out perfectly fudgy and super soft, and even if you’re a little apprehensive about baking, you can easily make these cookies.
Cake mix cookies are such an EASY cookie recipe. When you use my recipe, they’re gooey and soft and no one will ever know they’re from a mix!
These cookies have just a four ingredients and it’s easy to change up the flavors. Chocolate cake mix cookies become vanilla or spice or red velvet with just the switch of a cake mix. You can use any cake mix to make these cookies, but I love making Duncan Hines Cake Mix Cookies or sometimes I use Pillsbury Devil’s Food cake mix. Really, you can use ANY chocolate cake mix you love.
Awhile back, cake mix companies changed the size of the cake mix boxes. Don’t worry, this cake mix cookie recipe is written for the new 15.25 ounce size box.
You can fill your cookies with anything you like, but I used chocolate chips. The gooey cookie with the melty chocolate chips are the perfect cure for your chocolate craving. But if you love M&Ms or peanut butter cups, you can use whatever mix-ins you like.
But I feel like if I was a good food blogger I would pay attention to these kinds of patterns and mix things up with some vanilla every now and then. Lemon maybe.
I mean, I also post breads, sides and dinner recipes so I guess I lose track of what kinds of bars and cookies I’ve posted and in what order. That’s understandable, right?
And besides, you all like chocolate, right? (You all nod your heads in unison)
- 2 chocolate cake mixes about 16.5oz/468g each
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add cake mixes, eggs and oil. Beat 2-3 minutes until cookie dough comes together. (It comes together very easily, and there won’t really be much left around the sides of the bowl)
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1″ balls (I used a 1″ cookie scoop — it makes the process even quicker!) and place 12 to a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 7-9 minutes, until puffed and dry-looking on top. They will settle down as they cool.
*Note: If you’re using a smaller cake mix, you’ll likely want to try reducing the oil. You don’t want your cookie dough too sticky.