These white chocolate cupcakes with vanilla & blackberry buttercream roses taste amazing and look even better. Despite looking ridiculously impressive, the buttercream roses are actually easy and quick to make, even if you haven’t made them before. There’s also a gluten free option!
Do you have a go-to recipe? You know, one that you always turn to when you need to quickly whip up something delicious and impressive? Yep, me too. There are quite a few actually, and every single one is a favourite.
Are you a fan of white chocolate? If not (now), I think you will join us white chocolate lovers, once you tried these White Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting.
I love white chocolate. But almost all chocolate recipes on my blog are with milk or semi-sweet chocolate. This has to change. White chocolate deserves to be in the spotlight either.
Not just that we honor white chocolate with this White Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Frosting recipe, you learn how to
make the fluffiest light-as-air white chocolate cupcakes
make the creamiest silky white chocolate frosting
pipe frosting beautifully
Awesome! I’m super thrilled right now. So let’s start.
Imagine that there’s an occasion (I’ll leave the specifics up to your imagination) where you want to wow a few people, but you know there won’t be a lot of prep time, so you (of course) decide to make your go-to recipe.
Now imagine all the things that could go wrong. Yes, I’m sure you know where I’m going with this. Of course every single thing that could go wrong does go wrong, and all you’re left with is a bunch of ugly somethings of questionable taste. So there you are, in the middle of this mess, not sure whether to start laughing like a crazy person or to throw a monumental tantrum… like a crazy person. When I say “you”, I actually mean “me”. I’m sure you’re much more sane.
For the Cupcakes
- 113 grams Cold unsalted butter 1 stick
- 85 grams Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs Large
- 220 grams All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1/2 cup White chocolate
- 2 tsp Clear vanilla extract
For the White Chocolate Buttercream
- 228 grams Unsalted butter 2 sticks
- 250 grams Powdered sugar
- 250 grams White chocolate
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Fresh cream only if needed for consistency
For the Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 160 C / 320 F.
- Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave or double boiler and set aside to cool.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and set aside.
- Whip eggs with a pinch of salt until foamy – ribbon stage – set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy (no need to wash the mixer bowl after the eggs).
- Add the sour cream and vanilla.
- Next, add flour and combine well.
- Gently fold the melted cooled white chocolate into the butter/flour mix.
- Lastly, fold the egg mixture into the batter.
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners.
- Bake on the center rack at 160 C / 320 F for about 20 to 25 minutes (mine took 22 mins).
- Prepare Buttercream
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave or double boiler – set aside to cool.
- Cream Butter and sugar until light and foamy (no cheating. Whip for a good few minutes so you incorporate some air in).
- Add Vanilla and Salt – mix some more.
- Lastly, add the cooled white chocolate.
- The chocolate will make the buttercream firm, which is great for piping.
- If necessary add one or more tbsp cream to bring to piping consistency.