Goat a party to throw and looking for an amazing appetizer to wow all the guests, and convince them you are a food connoisseur? This goat cheese and basil dip with honey is for you.
Yes. Yes I am. This stuff gets scarfed down in about 10 minutes after the serving platter hits the table!
I actually learned about this from a fancy friend, with whom I was throwing a baby shower. She says this is one of her three party trick dishes. And with good reason! I’ve tweaked it a tad, but we have her to thank for inspiring this bounteous plate of creamy cheese drizzled with honey and balsamic vinaigrette. (It even sounds luxe as it tastes!)
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 8 slices French bread (1/4 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, beat the goat cheese, mayonnaise, honey and vinegar until smooth. Serve with apple and bread slices.
1 each: 101 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.