Keto Meatloaf is no doubt one of the most delicious dishes which is cooked with easily available food ingredients. This meatloaf is moist, tender and doesn’t crumble when sliced.
For this keto recipe, you need only a few low carb ingredients that when combined together taste incredible. This recipe is so filling and delicious it will keep the hunger away for hours. It’s a great recipe to throw together when company is coming because of how quick and easy it is. Easy Keto Meatloaf is a budget-friendly ground beef recipe very moist and juicy. You can serve it with a side of creamy buttery mashed cauliflower for a perfect warm comfort food. Whole family will love it and ask for more. Be gentle when combining the ingredients and always use hands. If you want moist and tender meatloaf that doesn’t fall apart don’t overwork the mixture of meat.
I’m pretty sure if you asked my husband what is favorite Keto dinner meal is, he would say it’s this Keto Meatloaf recipe for sure! He is a huge meatloaf fan! It’s a hearty meal that definitely fills you up. Serve it with a side salad or roasted veggies and you have a dinnertime winner!
This Keto meatloaf recipe is unlike any other. It’s an old recipe that grandma had but we ketofied it by replacing the bread crumbs with pork rinds to make this work for our Ketogenic diet. I’ve also tried this meatloaf recipe with ground flaxseed and almond flour too. All of these replacement ideas will work in place of bread crumbs but I will say that the pork rinds substitute is our favorite.
This recipe is really easy to make and practically takes only minutes to whip up but it does take about an hour to cook so you will need to plan it ahead of time a bit. It’s not like a Keto Fat Head Dough pizza recipe that you can whip up last minute without much thought when the family is hungry and wants something now.
- Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- 1/2 c. almond flour
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 thin strips bacon
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a medium baking dish with cooking spray. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and celery and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, oregano, and chili powder and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Let mixture cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, vegetable mixture, cheese, almond flour, Parmesan, eggs, soy sauce, and season with salt and pepper. Shape into a large loaf in baking dish, then lay bacon slices on top.
- Cook until bacon is crispy and beef is cooked through, about 1 hour. If bacon is cooking too quickly, cover dish with foil.