When we made our pull apart monkey bread many of you left messages that we should have used a muffin tin rather than a bundt pan. So we tried your idea for this Pull Apart Pizza Muffins and absolutely loved it. These would make great appetizers for a dinner party or for game day. Here’s q quick video showing it all come together:
Pizza is such a wonderful thing isn’t it? There’s just so many options. I think you can “pizza” almost anything. My latest favourite pizza option is these pull apart pizza muffins. Pizza in cute little muffin form that pulls apart into bite-sized, cheesy, pizza pieces.
I used this no-rise pizza dough for these pizza muffins and it was fantastic. The beauty of using this dough is that the muffins don’t really take all that long to make. The dough itself takes minutes to mix up, and assembling the pizza muffins doesn’t take a lot longer. I let them rise just long enough to puff up a bit (only ten minutes) and then you toss them in the oven.
Pizza doesn’t get too much easier. Or a whole lot more fun!
- 1/3cup olive oil
- 26 oz frozen dinner roll dough, thawed
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 6 oz sliced pepperoni, cut into quarters
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 6-cup muffin tins (or one 12-cup muffin tin) with non-stick spray.
- Cut the rolls into quarters.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl so that the oil is spread evenly on each piece of dough and the toppings are evenly distributed.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Would also be good with sausage, green pepper, mushroom, etc etc
- Makes 12 individual pizza muffins