Baked Paprika Parmesan Chicken is one of those everyone-should-know-how-to-make recipes. It’s easy and comes together quickly. In fact, it’s hard to mess up!
This Tuesday, I’m not thinking about too much too serious (except for dessert, of which I eat a lot recently). The past few days, I end a day with a sweet treat and start right up the next morning with a craving for the same thing.
Whether it’s fruit, chocolate bar, or baked treats. Or, more commonly, all three!
While I like both sweet and savory foods, my taste buds definitely tilt to the sweeter side. So, I guess now would be a great time for obligatory savory dish just to cut down some of the sugar cravings. Like if it’s possible to … 🙂
I’ve been very lazy about cooking lately and even lazier about searching for easy-to-make dishes. Fortunately, I keep a pin board with ** FOOD BLOGGERS BEST ** recipes that I can always fall back on and see if any leap out at me.
With 10 minutes of prep time and around 40 minutes of baking time – it’s totally true and totally amazing, making this dinner is probably even less work than going out or getting takeout, and– HELLO! It’s Chicken breasts, parmesan and paprika baked in the oven with a drizzle of butter!
What’s not to love?!
Feel like chicken tonight? There are so many delicious ways to prepare chicken that you can easily add a chicken dish (or more) to your weekly dinner rotation and never get bored.
Baked chicken is a super-simple and tasty way to cook this versatile protein. And this recipe for parmesan paprika baked chicken from The Dinner Mom has plenty of cheesy goodness and just a little bit of a kick.
There are different varieties of paprika, and the kind you use in this recipe is really up to you and your preference for spiciness. If you’re not sure which type of paprika appeals to you most, the blogger suggests you start with a sweet variety.
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts – trimmed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese – grated – fresh if possible
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 convection or 375 conventional oven.
- Trim and pat dry 3-4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Grate 1/2 cup of fresh Parmesan. Fresh is better but use grated if necessary.
- Prep a baking pan. Aluminum foil for easy clean up, a rack to help crisp all sides and a good spray of PAM. If you don’t have the rack, just spray or oil the foil.
- Set up a dredge line with one egg whipped in pan one. In pan two, add 1/4 cup AP flour, 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 2 teaspoon paprika and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, pepper and garlic powder. Dip the chicken breast in the egg, coat well and shank off excess.
- Dip the chicken in the breading mixture and pat it on. Shake off the excess. Place on the prepared rack.
- Add a little extra topping to each breast. Give them a light spray of PAM. Bake until internal temp of 165. About 35 minutes.